NOTE: This is a scheduled post to be released while I am in Peru — I will be out of the country and unavailable until August 10th. (Additionally, my Etsy shop will be in ‘vacation’ mode until I return.) If you’d like to contact me, feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I am back Stateside! Also, if you would like to see pictures and updates from my trip, follow me on Instagram: thelittlemountyarnco. Talk to you soon! 🙂
It’s Stitches Midwest time — one of the most exciting weekends for knitters (and crocheters!) in the middle United States!
As I make my way back from my Peruvian adventure, I can’t help but think about all of the wooly excitement taking place in Chicago this weekend. I’ve only been to a Stitches conference once — Stitches Midwest 2013 — but I had the time of my life & cannot wait to go again! (Anyone going to Stitches East this fall?) So, as a small way to join in the Stitches fun this year, here is my re-cap from last year’s conference:
In August of last year, my sister and I road-tripped the seven hours up to Chicago to visit one of her friends. While we were there, (at my insistence), we made the trek out to Schaumberg to the Stitches Midwest Conference.
Though we were only there for one day and only got to experience the Marketplace, we were in wooly heaven and had the best time roaming around the floor. Not surprisingly, I came away with quite a haul…
Included in this haul is:
- Three skeins of Miss Babs: Yowza Whatta Skein
- Sock yarn from Fresh From the Cauldron & Another Crafty Girl
- ‘Keep Calm & Carry Yarn’ from Pawley Studios (located in KY — woop!)
- Handmade sock blockers from Chappy’s Arts & Crafts
- Yarn Buddy from Sun Valley Fibers
- Sock needles from Signature Needle Arts: US size 1.5
- ‘Flock Lock’, stitch markers, and felted notions tin from Jelby
- ‘Skinny Bugga’ yarn from Cephalopod Yarns (in Blue Lobster)
- As well as sheep fabric, an adorable cupcake project bag, and square sock needles from booths that I cannot remember… (Sorry!)
Okay, so maybe I went a little overboard…but if you’ve ever been to a Stitches Conference, I think you’ll understand. : P And I only got to go to the Marketplace! No classes, no fashion show, no pajama party…talk about tip of the iceberg! Next time, I’m definitely committing to the entire weekend.
So, happy knitting (and crocheting!) to all those participating in Stitches Midwest this year! If you haven’t been to Stitches before, I highly suggest you try and make it there at least once. It’s definitely an experience you do not want to miss! 🙂
Have you ever been to Stitches?